Freitag, 11. Oktober 2013

Last weekend

Hey to all those nice readers!

On the last weekend happened sooo many things, too much to talk about everything. But one thing is very important.


Friday - Vancouver

On Friday, I have been to Vancouver with all the international students. It was so much fun and I bought so many things!
We all had to get up early in the morning, around 5 am, because the bus left at 6:20 am at the school. 
While sleeping and listening to music, we got to Nanaimo, the city where our ferry left. 90 minutes on the ferry and then again 40 minutes in the bus was a very long travel time. But already the first stop was great. 
At Stanley Park, we had a short break to take wonderful photos and enjoy the nice weather. 
The next stop was at the aquarium. We saw a lot of different fishes, some Beluga-whales and too much jellies.
And the highlight of our trip came closer and closer with every second. At 2 pm, it was finally there. The four hours shopping time in Vancouver downtown. Wuhuuuu! Isn't that great?
Pacific Center was our main whereabout. With Hollister, American Eagle and Co it is one of the greatest shopping malls I have ever seen. After the purse was a little bit thinner and the four hours were over, we had to go back to the bus, back on the ferry and back home. At 11 pm, I fell in my bed and slept right away.

Ilka, me and Nadine

That's how Vancouver looks

A Beluga-whale

All is so close in Vancouver compared to the "normal" Canada

The ocean and the coast

Vancouver!!!


Me and two Japanese friends

The totem poles



Saturday - Ice hockey

Saturday was another great day. In the morning I did a little bit homework (that was not the great part of the day) and tidied up my room.
And then, the adventure started. Leonie came to me and my host father rove us to Duncan where we met Emily, Tenneh, Jessica, Megan, Ilka, Jenaya and Cristina at the cafe Tim Hortons. 
Some people drank a coffee or, for example I ate a bagel with butter and after that, we went to the Ice Hockey Arena.
The game "Capitals vs. Powell Rivers" started at 7 pm and it was a great atmosphere in the arena. We cheered a lot for the Capitals, but they lost 5-2. :( Anyway, it was an awesome experience for me, and I learned a lot on this day. For example that you cheer for your team, but do not boo. That was so amazing!



Sunday - Apple picking

The Sunday was my chilly day. Around noon, I went with my host father, my host grandmother and my host cousin to a family with a lot of apple trees and some other plants and picked some apples. Because on the next weekend, my host grandmother will make apple cider. 


Monday - Field Hockey  

On Monday, we had a field hockey game against Shawnigan Lake a private school. We scored no goal and so the final score was 0-0. But it was great to do some sports again.


Yes, that was my weekend. Next weekend is Thanksgiving. I am really excited for that!

Anna, xoxo

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen