Mittwoch, 23. Oktober 2013

The last weekends with Thanksgiving etc.

Heyho! 

I have so much to do that it is soooooo hard for me to keep up with the blog posts. 

In the school I have to be so fast, that I won't get behind with the Learning guides, but all in all it is great, also in school.
I found so nice friends and I am so happy that I met them.
We made a lot of trips together already. I visited some friends and had to break in the house through the window of the bathroom, because the door was locked and she had no key, or we watched an ice hockey game and I cheered so loudly that I had no voice anymore on the next day. All things I did have been so much fun! I am really enjoying the time here!
On the last Saturday, it was my host sisters birthday. I painted her a card and gave her a bracelet as a present. And I tried to work for my math courses in Germany, but I had not enough time. I will do it next weekend!

And the main part of this blog post should normally be....Thanksgiving.


Thanksgiving was such a big and great event. Around 12 pm on Sunday, my host father and me went to my host grandmothers ouse to press apple cider with all relatives. It was awesome to see how delicious things you can make out of ugly apples. 

And in late afternoon, everybody went to "my" house to help preparing the turkey and the vegetables for the Thanksgiving dinner. The turkey was really impressing, 28 pounds heavy. 
All was soooooo nice and it is disappointing that we donot have this party in Germany.


And here are some pictures:

Preparing the food 
Making apple cider

The decorated table

My host father, me, my host cousin and my host uncle

Some games

The apple cider machine

My host grandmother

The food

The beautiful table



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen