Sonntag, 15. September 2013

The first two weeks

Hello all together! 

As you know, I'm on Vancouver Island for 5 months.
And now I'm writing this article in English, because I made a lot new friends, from China, Japan, Hongkong, Spain, Germany, Norway and the Netherlands.
And also from Canada.
All these people are so friendly and polite and they let me feel comfortable in this new area with all these new people.


So, I tell you know something about the school first:


As I said, there are a lot of friendly students and teacher. They help each other wherever they can and answer you all these questions you may have.

For school I have to get up at 7.30h to catch the school bus in front of my house punctually. When I arrived at school, I have to go first to my advisor, Mr Evans. He checks our plans for the day and gives us some informations about the daily meetings of sport clubs etc. After that I go to my courses. I have chosen French, Maths, Arts and English. English was a little bit hard for me at the beginning, but my teacher helps me with all these stuff I have to finish. 
In lunch break, I normally go to the international room, where all the international students can come to study or to do other things. I meet there with Ilka, Leonie, Leonie, Nadine, Hilkja, Yusuke, Sayoko, Steffi, Cristina, Anna and all these other nice students.
And at 3.20h I'm allowed to go home.
But on Monday and Thursday, I get to the hockey field in Duncan by the bus. Nadine, Leonie, Ilka and me joined the hockey team to stay fit and make some new (canadian) friends. And we got it! Megan, a girl from my Math class, can speak some German words and plays not only hockey, she plays also soccer. So  I could make a "connection" and that's why we are playing soccer on Monday in lunch break. And another girl (Michelle) from my Math class, also in the hockey team, is so kind, too. 
Generally, they all are affably and open for everything.


Now the host family:


My host parents, Alex and Rhonda, are living on a farm with chicken, sheep, two horses, a steer, two dogs and two cats.

An I'm so glad that Rhonda and Alex and also my host sister Maegan have a sense for humor. Because, as you maybe know, I like to be sarcastic and joking a lot.
And they did a lot of excursions with me.
We have been on a fair, I have been riding with Rhonda or we did some night walks. Was really funny!


That was it for today, but I promise you that I will write more often in English. 


Lots of love,

Anna



PS: The onliest thing I want to have here in Canada is better food, because I like sparkling water, and original german pretzel, and the paste with cream an cheese from my mom, and the lasagne from my grandma, and the "Dampfnudel" from my other grandma, and the bread!!! And the butter!





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen