Montag, 23. September 2013

Third week is already over!!!

Hello all together!

My last week was full with excursions and school work. So I wasn't able to load so many posts up, but now here it is a new post.

My days in school:

The first weeks of school have been very hard for me, because of the new language, the new type of learning etc. 
My normal school day starts at 9:00 with 10 minutes Advisor-time. My advisor is the band teacher Mr. Evans, he's all in all nice. In this time, we plan our day, what we want to reach and everything else. Then I have classes or sometimes I have flexes. In flexes, I have to work on my own, so I can do homework or continue with the exercises from the teachers. And as classes I have French (that is easy for me), Math (that's very easy), English (that's not so easy because of the language) and Arts (that's not easy, and not hard).
In lunch time, I normally eat something (jey, what a surprise). Sometimes, I play the piano for practicing and sometimes I play soccer with another great girl from Canada, called Megan.
And at the end of a school day, at 3:20, I go back to the Advisor room and "check out" of the school.


My fight with the food:

The food in Canada was first absolutely NOT my type. I didn't want to eat salted, not cooled butter; some too soft bread and etc. I missed the German food solo much. 
But now I'm happy with the food. I got my harder bread, and I got my unsalted butter which I put in the fridge, so everything is fine.
And I cooked often Spätzle with my host father and they have been soooo amazing delicious.


My new friends from all over the world:

Because of the International Program, I made such great, new friends. Yusuke, Tsubasa and Sayoko from Japan, Steffi from Hongkong, Ilka, Leonie and Leonie from Germany, Nadine from the Netherlands, Hylkje from Norway and Carla, Cristina and Anna from Spain. And that haven't been all yet. Too many to write all down.
And of course some people from Canada. I met Megan, who is as funny and crazy as me, I met Michelle, a great hockey player and Jessica, also a hockey player. Soo many people in such a short time!

My events in my free time:

And of course I do a lot of things when I don't have to study.
With the other International Students, I have been hiking last Sunday on Cobble Hill. And at the top, we had such a "healthy" pick nick with chips, cookies and cake. 
On Friday, we all went bowling and had a barbecue after that in the neighbour school Cow High.
And Ilka, Leonie, Nadine and me joined the hockey team which is so interesting for me, because I've never played field hockey before.
I joined with them also the tennis team and it's so great to play tennis again.
Yes, there have been so many other things, too much for this article.


That was my week, I hoped you enjoyed the article.

Lots of love,
Anna

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen